Thursday, April 15, 2010

  1.  
Well what a day!

While we walked down to Tong-Len. Mum talked to Dad about water play with the younger children... We bought tubs, jugs and funnels for the kids to play with, and we started to set up when we got there and a small crowd gathered to watch. As soon as we were ready I went and got some younger kids with one of Bhicky's (who I thought was Vicky) friends.

Ok, here is how it started. There were two squeeze bottles and Mum sprayed one at me. Yep, thats right, I sprayed the other back and pretty soon it was a full scale water war. It was fine for the boys and younger girls because they could take their tops off, but me... so I was soaking wet. Dripping in full clothing, the older boys (I say older because I found out that they are like 12 and 13!) found it really cool to hear me scream! I was their main target; jug upon jug of water was poured on my head and I retaliated by doing the same. Maybe thats why they were going four me all the other 'older' girls just screamed and ran off but I didn't. Every one was against me and the older girls, which sucked!!!!


After school, we got on a bus and headed for the Karmapar's temple in Dharamsala. We hopped off the crowded bus and made our way to the temple shop were we bought a white silken offering scarf and key ring holders (we will update you with the correct names for these items next blog). We attended the temple and met Antionette and her new friend, Jeerita. After receiving our blessing from the Karmarpa, along with a few hundred others, we organised to have a private audience with him next week...how incredibly exciting (and our new friend Jeerita too).

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that Frances and Abbey are still wearing the GUG bracelets. Sasha's and mine have gone cream colour because we went swimming in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your adventures sound so rich and fulfilling! The work you are all doing in the tent school is especially inspiring.

    If you are still looking for ideas, you might like to check out this link http://www.michaelshank.net/indexofexercises.html
    These games come from the Theatre of the Oppressed (TO) method, which some of the children in Tong Len have apparently already experienced (Runa Ovland was working there last year using TO. Is she still there?).

    The beauty of these games and exercises is that you dont need any materials.

    Cant wait to hear more of your adventure!

    Love,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete