Thursday, August 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home




Hi peepz,

Camp was hecka fun. On the adventure night my tipi (Blue) was Slytherin as well as Flame and two other tipis. The adult staff at our table were dressed up as Harry Potter so Alexa stole his wand and I made up a chant that the whole table sung.

Potter you rotter 
We think you forgotter 
Your holly and phoenix feather wand!

It was hecka funny, our teenstaff Chole was dressed as Billy Weasley so we called her Weaslebee! 'Weaslebee' asked 'Potter' if he wanted to have Blue Tipi as his tipi and he said 'NO Way these girls are Slytherin at heart!'.
I played Quiddich with Sitzy but we were on different teams. Camilo, Ian, Charles, Tarlia and Riley are the only people who I can remember who were on my team. Sitzy had Cyrus and Suma on her team also she had a staff dressed up as Draco on her team!

The main people I hung with were Sitzy, Shirkan, Jivan and Jose (Hosay). Sitzy was a really nice person and so were the rest of the girls in my tipi. Rainier was a Shakespeare nerd, Sitzy a fashion freak, Suma=sport.... You get the picture every one was different. Tori had a horse but she rode in rodeo's and Mya was always hanging out with her twin.
While we were there my friends started saying 'I am going to the loo' and they started mimicking my accent!

They don't say herb they say 'erb!
For the Tornado of talent Sitzy, Suma, Anna (Sitzy's cousin) and I danced to Eenie Meenie by Justin Bieber (I am so teaching Esther and Sasha).
Wukeen rapped a song Stan and he had made up called Party @ the camp which was so cool. We all got up and danced.

Sitzy, Anna, Evelyn, Estefinee and I went on the stZilts (that is what the call stilts) Sitzy fell off last time she went on stilts so she was sooooooooo nervious so I had to drag her there but she had so much fun that she wanted to do it again.


Savy
Ben and Savy came for the big show and watched Sitzy and I in our hoola hoop performance. 
After the big show I gave Sitzy, Shirkan, Jivan, Suma, Rainier, Tori, Cyrus, Jose, Cerrie, Alexa and Mya a goodbye hug...
Wukeen stayed after the end of camp so we hung out.


I have decided what  I want for my birthday...

My World (Justin Bieber), My World 2.0 (Justin Bieber) and Precious perfume (Sitzy has it and it is so nice).

We are in San Fran and I am getting my nose pierced today so...!

I am listening to 'Never Say Never' by Justin Bieber.
We are catching a plane at nine tonight!

Write When I am HOME!!!
Frances

P.s
We are going to write one more blog when we get home. So look out for it!

the pillow fight

ONE DAY PASSES NOW FRANCES, CAMILLE AND ABBEY ARE @ HOME!!!
 OK sorry we didn't post the last blog yesterday so I am posting both of them today)

Home is where the heart is,
It's where you hang your hat,
With out your home you're nothing,
Thats that...

(I got that from the movie 'My Little Pony' that I watched when I was like 5 or 6) 

Ok so we are BACK!!!!
OMG OMG OMG it feels so good to be home.
This past six months have been the best and the worst...
Worst: not seeing every one back home.
BEST; going around the world and meeting so many great people seeing all the sights that there are to see.

I HAVE MY NOSE PIERCED. THE STUD IS WHITE GOLD AND MY NOSE HURTS WHEN I TOUCH IT!!! IT'S ON THE LEFT SIDE. It hurt when the guy did it. He pushed a needle through the skin of my nose AWW!!!  
I have had so much fun and I am not even jet lagged! I feel like I am one of the lucky people of this world. As far as memories I have too many to count but I will share a few. 
  • I can remember as if it was yesterday, the water fight at the slum camp. I laughed so much that day I felt like my sides were falling off. Bucket upon bucket of water pour over my head and in turn I poured litres and litres back on who ever was in my way. That was the day a little girl came up to me and said...not Madam you Sister”. So sweet.

  • When Sitzy and I were walking back to the tipi and it was pitch black and suddenly Camilo yelled “SITZY!” and grabbed her around the waist, we almost died of fright! Then we walked a bit further and he did it again this time to me!!! It was so scary!!

  • When we were sitting at dinner at Joe and Alice's house and Joe was listening to Joanne and Kevin talking about their veggie patch and he stood up walked to the veggie patch, scratched his head and said.... I didn't know we had a vegetable garden!” We all laughed so hard and we laughed harder when Kevin said.... Joe we have had that for ages!” Kevin took Joe to show him around and lent over a plant, while he wasn't looking Joe snuck back into the house...

  • When I was at camp and I dared Shirkan to eat with out his hands... EWWW!!! That was so gross. That lunch we were having hot dogs with kechup need I say more... I really wished I had not dared him to eat with out his hands.
  • I remember at the dance at camp “Baby” came on and Sitzy, Evelyn, Anna, Estephine and I screamed the words at the top of our voices!!!

Good Times.

I am very glad I got to have this amazing experience. It is really a once in a lifetime trip... Cause I am only 13 once! 

I really enjoyed working at the slum camp in India. 

My favourite places in Britain were Wales and Eskdalemuir. 

Camp Winnarainbow is the best summer camp every one should go there.   

I have a last sad note to end on, my silly aunts Sahara Moon, Emma and Michelle HATE Justin Bieber! I am so disgraced... They don't know anything about cool music! So with no hesitation I say to you 
“They are not my aunts” …
I am singing “Kiss and Tell” in my head right now.
We have seen Emma and little River, also we have seen Michelle and Lottie.
Will Not 'Write More Soon'  I'll Just Talk To You!!!!!!
Frances 

Almost home! NZ airport...



From Abbey

This is a rap (except the Chorus) I wrote about our trip.
I have been so many places 
and seen so many faces.
Walking in the rain 
and talking in a train.

Chorus

Wishing I was home but wishing our trip would never end________.
I miss my home I miss my friends 
I miss my family, but I can cope. 
I miss my home_____.

I have walked the great Dartmoor 
and seen the ponies run.
I have played the day away 
and swung on a trapeze.
I walk slowly with heavy stilts 
tied to my legs and it was fun.
Oh yeah_____ it was fun.

Chorus

Wishing I was home but wishing our trip would never end________.
I miss my home I miss my friends 
I miss my family, but I can cope. 
I miss my home_____.

Jasmine plays all day 
and I have to say 
I will miss that little girl.
She smiles while I read her a book 
and I laugh at her.
I loved camp and all the fun.
The daily snack and daily deeds.
The fun and talk and yummy food
And all those friendly girls and boys.
I juggled once or twice
and did a bit of art.

CHORUS

Wishing I was home but wishing our trip would never end________.
I miss my home I miss my friends 
I miss my family, but I can cope. 
I miss my home_____.
 
I want to go home right now 
but I want our trip to never end .
I have walked into a slum 
and given my help to poor people.
But I have also walked away 
from their begging hands.
 
Chorus

I liked it when 
we walked around the bends 
of Kiddam Hill 
and skipped through the blue bell to a rock .
I loved our camper van 
but I want myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I want my home________________________




ABBEY
LPE
last post ever
From Camille

So there it is, around the world in 168 days or 24 weeks exactly. It was good to be traveling and good to be home. It feels at this point as if we need another six months just to digest it all!! So much learning, so many experiences one on top of the other with no time between to reflect... Still, I know how back to the norm can so quickly feel like it never happened!
We managed to avoid all of Gerard's worst nightmares, although sometimes it seemed only by a whisker... lightning strikes, earthquakes, bombs, tornadoes, even Iceland's volcano came within hours of delaying our flight to Britain. 
The girls are incredibly proficient at getting around airports and I have no doubt they could do it themselves... so long as none of the above disrupted the ordinary running of things. Even then I am sure they could do it, it would only be nerves that would get in the way, but then that happens to even the adults!!!!
We met some truly beautiful people and saw some beautiful places. We had so many diverse experiences, so many adventures. Everywhere we went we noticed that as you pass through you immediately get an impression, but without the connection. If you stop you take in so much more. If you can stay a week then it begins to feel like you know a place; the lay of the land, the lay of the kitchen cupboard, the routine and character of the people, the bus/train service... it all starts to become like home. Its not such a long time really before one can make anywhere home... particularly if you put your heart into it. After all home is where the heart is and you can take your heart with you where ever you go. 
It was a privilege to share in so many people's lives, their values and aspirations. We are fortunate to have a world of wonderful people and places out there that we can share our hearts with. And we are fortunate to have a beautiful place of our own that we can return to that we can put all our love and energy into, to create our very own homey heart-filled place. 
It is an odd thought as I sit here back amongst the eucalypts, the horses and hay, the crackling fire and the quiet traffic from across the water, that everywhere everyone and everything are still going about their lives that we were just a part of. It reminds me of a favourite poem by Mary Oliver...

Though you have not seen them, there are swans, even now
tapping from the egg and emerging
into the sunlight.
They know who they are.




From Gerard;


Hey, a final hello to all of you loyal blog followers from the vanguard man. Yes, I made sure the house was warm for the three main ladies in my life on a cold a wet Hobart evening. Yes, the horses, cows and Nancy poo were well fed, and yes I made sure that I had plenty of energy for hugs as they arrived at the airport terminal. Yes, despite those three intrepids gorging the delights of American family and tradition whilst I toiled away at home for the last 5 weeks of their travels, I still found it inside myself to welcome them home!

So our travels are over for now. As Frances says, she feels lucky, and I agree, we are all lucky. To have met so many so fair, and equally to be girt by so many so fair back home who supported and allowed our adventure to happen.

Camille quite rightly points out my worse fears were not realised on our travels.  Yet we heard of the many misfortunes that passed us by. Oil spills, bombings, earthquakes, floods, to name a few. We have portrayed some of the greatness and wonder that reverberates strongly upon this spinning orb, through its lesser known but well intentioned and actioned inhabitants, and through reminders of some of its well known architectural, historical and natural beauty. We are so much the richer for the experience of it. All vivid of a desiccated living heritage that lays itself common amongst us, and common from us, and squarely at our feet. What a joy to have shared this with my family and you.

Abbey's rap just about sums it up. 

Love Gerard.


No comments:

Post a Comment